I don’t know what to say, really.
(我真的不知道該說什麼, 真的)
Three minutes… till the biggest battle of our professional lives.
(3分鐘後, 我們職業賽中最重要的一場比賽就要開始)
All comes down to today.
(今天對我們生死攸關)
Either we heal as a team…or we’re gonna crumble.
(我們要麼團結奮戰, 要麼分崩離析)
Inch by inch, play by play,till we’re finished.
(1英寸1英寸1個球1個球地拼, 直到我們完賽)
We’re in hell right now, gentlemen.Believe me.
(各位, 我們現在身處地獄,相信我)
And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us…
(可能在這裡被人踢得屁滾尿流…)
…or we can fight our way back into the light.
(…或者能以全力反撲走向光明)
We can climb out of hell…one inch at a time.
(我們能爬出地獄,1英寸1英寸地爬)
Now, I can’t do it for you.I’m too old.
(現在我無法替你們爬, 我太老了)
I look around, I see these young faces, and I think…
(環顧四周看到一群年輕人我想…)
I made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make.
(我犯過中年男人可能犯的所有錯誤)
I pissed away all my money,believe it or not.
(胡亂花光所有錢,信不信由你)
I chased off anyone who’s ever loved me.
(把所有愛我的人從身邊趕走)
And lately, I can’t even stand the face I see in the mirror.
(最近我甚至不能忍受鏡子中的我)
You know, when you get old in life, things get taken from you.
(人漸漸變老一切會離你而去)
I mean, that’s part of life.
(這就是生活的一部分)
But you only learn that when you start losing stuff.
(但只有開始失去時你才會明白)
You find out life’s this game of inches.
(你會發現生命是由許多1英寸累積起來的)
So is football.
(橄欖球也是如此)
Because in either game, life or football…
(因為無論體育,生命或橄欖球)
the margin for error is so small…
(允許犯錯的空間都很小)
One-half a step too late or early, and you don’t guite make it.
(早半步晚半步都達不到目的)
One half-second too slow, too fast, you don’t guite catch it.
(早半秒晚半秒都接不到球)
The inches we need are everywhere around us.
(我們需要的每英寸就在身邊)
They’re in every break of the game, every minute, every second.
(就在賽場上每個機會中在每分每秒裡)
On this team, we fight for that inch.
(我們全隊為這1寸奮鬥)
And everyone else around us, to pieces for that inch.
(人人準備為這1英寸粉身碎骨)
We claw with our fingernails for that inch…
(為這1英寸拼死方休)
Because we know when we add up all those inches…
(因為我們知道每英寸加在一起)
That’s gonna make the fucking difference between
winning and losing!
(就是勝者和失敗者的分水嶺!)
Between living and dying!
(就是生與死的分水嶺)
I’ll tell you this. In any fight, it’s the guy who’s willing to die
who’s gonna win that inch.
(在任何戰鬥中,總是不怕死的人贏得那1英寸)
And I know if I’m gonna have any life anymore…
(我知我能找回充實有意義的生活)
It’s because I’m still willing to fight and die for that inch.
(因為我仍原為1英寸戰鬥到最後一口氣)
Because that’s what living is!
(因為那就是生活)
The six inches in front of your face!
(你面前的6英寸!)
Now, I can’t make you do it!
(現在我無法命令你們去拼)
You gotta look at the guy next to you!
(你們必須看著身邊的隊友)
Look into his eyes! I think you’re gonna see a guy
(看著他的眼睛!你們會看到一個…)
who’ll go that inch with you!
(願意和你一起爭奪那1英寸的戰友)
You’re gonna see a guy…
(你們會看到一個願意為你…)
…who will sacrifice himself for this team.
(為球隊犧牲自己的戰友)
Because he knows, when it comes down to it…
(因為他知道必要時,)
You’re gonna do the same for him!
(你也會為他做同樣的事)
That’s a team, gentlemen!
(這就是團隊精神!)
And either we heal now, as a team or we will die as individuals.
(無論我們團結奮戰, 還是一個個任人宰割)
That’s football, guys. That’s all it is.
(這就是橄欖球, 這就是全部)
Now…what are you gonna do?
(現在你們要怎麼做?)